To 10 reasons to download the Five-O app
10) Five-O empowers citizens to have a voice in the quality of police services they receive.
9) Five-O allows citizens to identify and acknowledge the good things police officers do each day that are quickly forgotten.
8) Five-O reminds citizens about their rights
7) Five-O facilitates the strengthening of relationships between police officers, and citizen groups
6) Five-O maintains a history of all citizen interactions so that overtime each citizen can refer accurately to police-citizen interactions
5) Five-O is an independent agency and cannot be forced to delete information or to keep information away from the public
4) Five-O reports will be available to police departments, citizen groups, the media, and non-profit organizations
3) Five-O offers protection to police officers, since N.I.J. research indicates that “FACTORS SUCH AS THE OFFICER’S DEMEANOR AND PERCEIVED FAIRNESS PLAY A ROLE IN DETERMINING WHETHER COMMUNITY MEMBERS ARE SATISFIED WITH THEIR ENCOUNTER, WHETHER THEY WILL TRUST AND WORK WITH THE POLICE IN THE FUTURE, AND WHETHER THEY WILL BE INCLINED TO OBEY THE LAW THEMSELVES.”
2) Improved police & community relationships result in lower crime rates since citizens feel more comfortable reporting crimes.
1) Five-O improves PARTNERSHIP POLICING, SO ‘EVERYONE CAN GO HOME AT NIGHT’